Envato Tuts+ Programs
WordPress is a robust and easy-to-use content material administration system (CMS) out of the field. The default “Web page” and “Submit” content material sorts are sufficient for a lot of web sites and blogs. To be able to actually harness the facility of WordPress as a CMS, although, you’ll need create customized content material sorts with fields and taxonomies particular to your explicit utility.
On this course, Envato Tuts+ teacher Rachel McCollin will present you the way to create customized content material sorts in WordPress. You’ll find out how customized content material sorts work with the WordPress database, plugin and templating system. Alongside the best way, you’ll use customized put up sorts, customized taxonomies, and customized fields to construct a easy astronomy CMS for displaying details about the biggest moons within the photo voltaic system!
What You’ll Study
- What customized put up sorts are and the way they work.
- Easy methods to register and show customized put up sorts.
- Easy methods to work with customized taxonomies.
- Easy methods to create a metabox for customized fields and show them in your theme.
- Consolidate your studying by finishing the hands-on mission of constructing a easy astronomy CMS.
In regards to the Teacher
Rachel McCollin is a WordPress developer who writes books, articles and tutorials about internet design and improvement, with a concentrate on WordPress and on responsive and cellular improvement. She runs an online design company in Birmingham, UK and has printed three books on WordPress. Discover out extra on her web site, on Twitter, or on LinkedIn.